Family Services Center (FSC) provides an array of anti-poverty and family strengthening programs in the greater Huntsville area, including mental health counseling, affordable housing, homelessness prevention, behavior modification education, conflict resolution, financial literacy training, substance abuse education, and parenting support. Our experience and resources give us access to many ways to help you and your family resolve important issues. Family Services Center’s goal is to enrich the lives of individuals and families.
Providing a family-focused holistic approach to empowerment and self-sufficiency in an effort to decrease multi-generational poverty while creating healthier families and stronger communities.
- … that every individual is a person worthy of respect, and whose dignity as a human being should be considered at all times.
- … that integrity and genuine care and concern for others is the foundation of everything we do.
- … that every person has strengths and through developing a meaningful relationship with them, we can help them realize their potential.
- … in accountability, and that to succeed one must take ownership of the past in order to create a new future.
- … in opportunities for growth and learning and that our clients will be given every reasonable opportunity to develop self-sufficiency in order to reach their full potential.
- … that each person involved in our programs, be they client, family, social worker, staff, or friend is a part of a cooperative team, and that long term success can be achieved through the valuable contributions of each team member.
- … that through empowering individuals, we help create healthier families and stronger communities.
Family Services Center’s staff is composed of Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Certified Social Workers, Certified Housing Counselors, and other professionals.